Much of private equity rests on old relationships and privity of information, but with limited partnership investments becoming more common for a wider array of investors, and a secondaries market gaining steam, technology is blossoming in unlikely places. By Tim Bourgaize Murray
Following the financial services industry’s collective flogging four years ago, the 2012 US elections saw a more specific target this time around: private equity—and presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s firm, Bain Capital, in particular. Whether that criticism was deserved is a matter of judgment—surely not all venture capitalism is “vulture” capitalism, and the private markets offer a...
- Nasdaq CEO Bob Greifeld: Slow and Steady
- Hot Topics at Sifma Ops: T+2, CAT, Blockchain
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System — Cloud9 Technologies
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Automated Trading Platform — Clearpool Group
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Most Promising Sell-Side Start-Up — R3