Waters gathered leading industry experts to discuss the latest developments in the big data space in a webcast on 14 February
As more financial institutions look to take advantage of their massive amounts of trade, market and client data to improve their bottom lines, many find the promise of "big data" analytics attractive. However, as with most new technologies, firms have a difficult time developing the deployment road map for such a disruptive technology. In this webcast/special report, Waters will examine the common missteps in adopting a big-data strategy and what can be done to avoid them.
- Is this just the next phase of enterprise data management with a catchy new name?
- Should map reduce and Hadoop be considered as synonyms for "big data." Why?
- Where on the "big data" adoption curve do you see the wholesale capital markets? What need to be done to do to further adoption?
- Are most firms approaching big data management through a "rip and replace" strategy or layering it on top of the existing infrastructure?
- When should firms look to adopt a big-data strategy? When they are looking at terabytes, petabytes, exabytes or zettabytes of data?
- Do most big-data projects begin as enterprise projects or within one of the company's siloed business units? What challenges does this particular deployment strategy encounter?
- What do most firms tend to overlook in starting to deploy big-data projects?
Dennis Smith, Managing Director, Advanced Engineering Group, BNY MELLON
Ed Dabagian-Paul, Vice President, CREDIT SUISSE
Daryan Dehghanpisheh, Global Director, Financial Services Segment, INTEL CORPORATION
Scott Campbell, Director of Product Management Enterprise Analytics, PLATFORM COMPUTING, AN IBM COMPANY
Neil McGovern, Senior Director of Strategy, FSI, SYBASE, AN SAP COMPANY
Moderator: Victor Anderson, Editor-in-chief, WATERSTECHNOLOGY
CLICK HERE to listen to the archived webcast
Adam Sussman joins Anthony Malakian to talk about Liquidnet's acquisition of OTAS, machine learning and AI, and what the buy side wants from analytics platforms.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- UPDATE: Liquidnet Acquires OTAS Technologies
- CFTC Sets Up Lab to Connect with Fintech Firms
- Waters Rankings 2017 ─ Voting Now Open
- Tradeweb APA Signs BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Societe Generale for Mifid II Reporting
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 70: A Look at Liquidnet's Acquisition of OTAS