Designed to increase efficiencies and foster a more level competitive landscape in US equities, Reg NMS hones in on best execution practices, just as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid) regulation does in Europe. The regulation's focus on best execution in turn requires greater transparency in an increasingly fragmented market, facilitated through greater connectivity and automation within and between counterparties.
But buy-side and hedge fund managers are hardly strangers
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?