South Africa's hedge fund industry has grown markedly in the last two years with more than 120 individual funds currently in existence. Victor Anderson speaks with Kevin Shames of Cape Town-based Alpha Asset Management, about the country's appeal to investors, his firm's due-diligence process, and the part technology plays in evaluating individual hedge funds and their managers
Tell me a bit about Alpha Asset Management.
The firm was started in '97 as a 'me too' wealth management business. Th
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?