Anthony provides a rundown of the Waters Rankings in advance of this year's awards.
A number of people have asked me about the 2012 Waters Rankings, so here are the details (subject to change):
The Waters editorial team will compile the nominees in each category based on stories we’ve written this year, and feedback from end-user firms. Readers will be able to vote beginning Monday, April 23, and the polls will remain open for about a month.
As always, the Waters Rankings winners are chosen by your votes. The 2011 Waters Rankings featured nominees in 26 categories, and you can expect at least that many this year, if not more.
Categories will include:
* Best Full-Service Brokerage
* Best Agency Broker
* Best Inter-dealer Broker
* Best Crossing Network Provider
* Best Sell-Side Clearing Provider
* Best Exceptions and Reconciliation Management Platform Provider
* Best Sell-Side Order Management System Provider
* Best Buy-Side Order Management System Provider
* Best Portfolio Management System Provide
* Best Execution Management System Provider
* Best Enterprise Data Management Systems Provider
* Best Reference Data Solution Provider
* Best Corporate Actions Solution Provider
* Best Low-Latency Data Technology Provider
* Best Complex Event Processing Solution Provider
* Best Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Solution Provider
* Best Counterparty Risk Management Provider
* Best Market Risk Solution Provider
* Best Credit Risk Solution Provider
* Best Risk Analytics Provider
* Best Trading Floor Communication System Provider
* Best Data Center Provider
* Best Network Provider
* Best Data Grid Provider
* Best Server Virtualization Provider
* Best Outsourcing Provider
This list will be updated over the next few weeks, so make sure to check back often for the latest information.
So, readers, if you think your company or client should be nominated in any of the above categories, please send me a brief email that includes the full name of the company and/or product and why it should be nominated. (Including a link to a story on waterstechnology.com will not hurt your case.) You can email me at [email protected] or call me at +1 646 490 3973.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 75: An Update on the Julia Programming Language; AI & Alternative Data; Digital Currencies
Julia Computing's Viral Shah talks about the programming language he helped create and what's ahead for it. Then James and Anthony talk about the pairing of AI & alternative data, digital currencies, and Game of Thrones.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails