Speakers at the DTCC Fintech Symposium held in New York point out that automation is crucial for the industry as it deals with an influx of data. Around 90 percent of the data that now exists was created in the past 10 years, according to Roger Park, partner/principal and strategy and innovation leader for financial services at the consultancy EY.
“Today, there’s a pervasiveness of data, just a lot more data that we’ve ever seen before,” Park says.
As a means of combing through all of the info
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 75: An Update on the Julia Programming Language; AI & Alternative Data; Digital Currencies
Julia Computing's Viral Shah talks about the programming language he helped create and what's ahead for it. Then James and Anthony talk about the pairing of AI & alternative data, digital currencies, and Game of Thrones.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- IMD/IRD Awards 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- Best Market Data Provider (Vendor): FactSet
- Hall of Fame: Chris Johnson, HSBC Securities Services
- Best Evaluated Prices Service Provider: Bloomberg
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 75: An Update on the Julia Programming Language; AI & Alternative Data; Digital Currencies