IMD: How do you see the European market evolving? Could it ultimately resemble fragmentation in the US?
Pickles: There are differences in most cases, but that multi-centre market is forming. Partly, you have marketplaces like Turquoise and Chi-X competing against exchanges. And then you have exchanges that don't compete against each other. So you really end up with a combination, requiring domestic infrastructures where people want to get to their local exchange-which are typically running on
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?