US options exchanges are bracing for an expansion of the pilot phase of quoting options in penny increments in September, though they do not expect to be overwhelmed by a deluge of new options data.
US regulator the Securities and Exchange Commission has recommended a multi-phase expansion that would extend the pilot until March 2009. Exchange officials say the quote mitigation strategies implemented this year during the pilot's first phase should mostly offset the increase in options data traffic resulting from the expansion, though some systems upgrades and regulatory guidance may be needed.The...
- Acquisition of Etrali Fuels IPC’s Global Goals
- ESMA Seeks Data Experts for Reporting Working Group
- European Central Bank Taps SIA-Colt for Target2-Securities Connection
- Almax Enlists Victory Networks, Sumo Capital for AI News Platform Testing
- Markit Buys JPMorgan Integration Software for Syndicated Loans