For firms seeking to perform data management and aggregation to create custom consolidated feeds and the high-performance analytics required to generate alpha in a challenging economy, CEP and high-performance tick databases offer a compelling proposition, says Neil McGovern, director of product marketing for financial services at Sybase.
Taking direct feeds from exchanges into proprietary systems rather than from market data suppliers drives down market data latency. But forgoing the added value of a consolidated feed can be a bumpy road with new data management challenges. Data can be messy for many reasons. There is no time synchronization between liquidity venues. Exchanges use different message protocols—especially in emerging...
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters