Comments emanating from last week's CityGrid conference in London make me wonder how many quarters it will be before we see industry members simply get rid of the day-to-day management of their grids and start to outsource it.
Of course, a number of banks will always take the Charlton Heston "pry it from my cold, dead hands" approach to their grids, but then again they probably can easily afford the sunk costs associated with supporting datacenters hosting tens to hundreds of thousands of computing nodes.Imagine, however, the amount of time, talent and capital a firm could liberate by outsourcing all of that.With the continued...
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters
- Datawatch Adds Support for Streaming Data, Regulations, HTML5 in Latest Panopticon Release
- BlackRock Integrates ICE Continuous Pricing
- American Financial Technology Awards 2016 - All the Winners
- Deutsche Bank Strengthens Innovation with Two New Hires