Fidessa Group, a provider of trading, investment management and information solutions, has expanded its Sydney-based Australian operations in a move that supports its continued growth across the Asia Pacific region.
The new office, located in the heart of Sydney's central business district, comes as a direct result of recent business successes for Fidessa in Australia, and will house a combination of current Fidessa employees and new hires.
Fidessa is also opening new data center facilities in Australia which will allow it to provide a range of low-latency connectivity, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, and other managed and hosted services locally.
Heading up Fidessa's Australian business will be country manager, Andrew Metcalfe. Metcalfe's background in growing and managing Fidessa's Asia Pacific-hosted services division from Hong Kong will be a key factor in expanding the local Australian business.
Also joining the Sydney-based operation is James Hardcastle from Fidessa's Tokyo office, who will lead sales activities for Australia. Previously head of international sales for Japan, Hardcastle brings significant client management and new business sales skills, and will be focused on growing the local client base.
- Instinet Adds Luminex Integration
- Nasdaq CEO Bob Greifeld: Slow and Steady
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Web-Based Development Environment — OpenFin
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Data Management Product — Markit
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Sell-Side Trading Network — BT