The world’s oldest asset has enjoyed renewed popularity, with prices hitting contemporary highs. But wealth managers are beginning to demand more than ETP shares—investors and institutions want the real deal. As Tim Bourgaize Murray explains, technology is proving crucial in delivering physically allocated gold—in a way, making ‘old’ new again.
With a history spanning multiple millennia, acquisition and trading in gold has seen its share of unique—even preposterous—stories. In a well-known example, the ruler of the African kingdom of Mali, King Musa I, who, by many estimates was the richest individual in history, distributed vast sums of gold dust to the poor along the route of his historic Islamic pilgrimage, known as a hajj, in 1324....
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters
- Saxo Bank Forms White Label Partnership with Phoenix Finance
- American Financial Technology Awards 2016 - All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Outsourcing Provider to the Buy Side—FIS Global
- Thomson Reuters Takes Stake in BestX to Support New TCA Partnership