Vendors are touting “software as a service” as the next generation of ASP applications. But is SaaS really so different? By Emily Fraser
The term "software as a service," or SaaS, is the new buzzword making the rounds at trade shows this year. Coined by John Koenig, president of SaaS consulting firm Riseforth, for the SDForum Software as a Service Conference in March of 2005, the phrase now falls easily off vendors' lips as they promote minimal implementation cycles, top-notch security and virtually limitless scalability.But what is...
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters