Along with a complex event processing (CEP) offering—also a Waters Rankings 2010 winner—and a market-liquidity analysis service, financial industry operations software provider Sybase produces an enterprise data management system, known as RAP–The Trading Edition, which has won this year’s best enterprise data management system in the Waters Rankings. RAP processes market data and stores multiple years’ worth of data for greater accuracy in risk analysis, trading strategy development, and execution. The system is designed to meet challenges caused by exponential growth of market data volumes and market data velocity, as well as real-time detection of opportunities and threats. In addition, in June, SunGard combined its Front Arena trading and risk platform with another Sybase enterprise data management system, its Adaptive Server Enterprise 15 (ASE 15), to speed up transaction processing for clients. Officials say the combined product yields a 400 percent increase in processing speeds.
1 Sybase (20.4%)
2 SunGard (17.9%)
3 IBM (16.8%)
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Former NLX Chief Takes Interim CEO Job at UK Fintech Body
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?