Along with a complex event processing (CEP) offering—also a Waters Rankings 2010 winner—and a market-liquidity analysis service, financial industry operations software provider Sybase produces an enterprise data management system, known as RAP–The Trading Edition, which has won this year’s best enterprise data management system in the Waters Rankings. RAP processes market data and stores multiple years’ worth of data for greater accuracy in risk analysis, trading strategy development, and execution. The system is designed to meet challenges caused by exponential growth of market data volumes and market data velocity, as well as real-time detection of opportunities and threats. In addition, in June, SunGard combined its Front Arena trading and risk platform with another Sybase enterprise data management system, its Adaptive Server Enterprise 15 (ASE 15), to speed up transaction processing for clients. Officials say the combined product yields a 400 percent increase in processing speeds.
1 Sybase (20.4%)
2 SunGard (17.9%)
3 IBM (16.8%)
- Bloomberg Clients Hit By Terminal ‘Slowness'
- BST Awards 2016 Winners' Interview: UBS Delta
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Product for 2016—Commcise
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2016: Best Buy-Side Pricing/Valuation Service—Thomson Reuters