Waters gathered leading industry experts to discuss the latest cloud computing trends in a webcast on 26 April
Whether it is an issue of resource availability or scale, most buy-side firms at some point will need to incorporate a public cloud computing environment within their IT infrastructure. By moving such critical tasks outside the corporate firewall leads to many issues in terms of manageability, performance and security. How can businesses cope with this new computing environment? How can firms blend private and public clouds? And how should firms evaluate public cloud offerings?
- Security is the most important topic for those who have still yet to turn to the cloud, but are these issues overblown or are those concerns legitimate?
- The front office is the next frontier for cloud, so what front-office trading functionalities are being moved to the cloud that weren't considered two years ago?
- For business continuity planning and risk management, receiving timely and accurate data has been the biggest driver of cloud adoption. In what new ways is cloud being employed at buy-side firms in this regard?
- Latency concerns are still prevalent, especially as it relates to the front-end. But, it would seem that many of those concerns have been quelled over the last year or so. Is it still a concern? How so?
Graham Hill, Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure, CITI
Nathan Boylan, Head of IT Operations, LORD, ABBETT & Co. LLC
Neil Smyth, Marketing and Technology Director, STATPRO
Daryan Dehghanpisheh, Global Director, Financial Services Segment, INTEL CORPORATION
Mark Ruesink, Director vFabric System Engineering, Team EMEA, VMWARE
Moderator: Anthony Malakian, US Editor, WATERSTECHNOLOGY
CLICK HERE to listen to the archived webcast
- Traiana's Harmony Equity Service Volume Growth Nearly Triples
- FISD Readies Vendor Service ‘Scorecards’
- The Low-down on the DTCC’s Distributed-Ledger Technology Initiative
- Icap PTRI CEO: Standards Must Be Made to Usher In Smart Contracts
- Speakerbus Partners with NICE for Integrated Recording Solution