According to research undertaken by the vendor, 30% of hedge funds are engaged in smoothing – the practice of giving investors a net-asset value figure (NAV) not based on a mark-to-market process and therefore not genuinely reflective of market prices.
The danger for investors – aside from buying excessively high-valued securities – is that they unwittingly expose themselves to high risk.
To fight that trend, Riskdata has integrated a mathematical formula, known as the bias ratio, into FOFiX,
Greg Skibiski joins the podcast to give his views the alternative data space and where it's going.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Waters Rankings 2018 Winner's Interview: Moody's Analytics
- CBA to Issue First Blockchain Bond for World Bank
- Augustsson Departs Cinnober, CFO Lenardos Named CEO