Fiber optic network allows access to trading platform.
Connectivity provider AboveNet has announced that its fiber optic network will now allow connections to BATS Chi-X Europe's trading platform.
AboveNet's finance-specific connectivity network, FinanceNet, specializes in low-latency access to US and European markets. BATS Europe and Chi-X Europe's equity trading platform is the largest on the continent by volume traded, accounting for around 20% of market share. BATS Global Markets acquired Chi-X Europe in November 2011, with the migration of technology to BATS scheduled to be completed by the end of April 2012.
"AboveNet has a well established expertise in providing the financial sector in the U.S. and U.K with secure, fast, Ethernet networks," says Brett Johnson, vice president, business development for AboveNet Europe. "We have the diverse international routes in place, and we are looking forward to working with BATS Europe and Chi-X Europe trading participants to meet their high-bandwidth connectivity needs."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act