Cidron Delfi Intressenter is set to acquire 100 percent of the shares in market-maker-focused vendor Tbricks, and will transfer ownership to derivatives vendor Orc, which it also owns.
The transfer of ownership is subject to the approval of financier SEB. All firms will ultimately be owned by Nordic Capital Fund VII.
"We are very excited to announce Cidron Delfi Intressenter Holding AB´s acquisition of Tbricks. Jonas Hansbo and team have conceptualized and launched a strong, flexible trading platform, designed for the requirements of tomorrow. Orc remains committed to providing the best products and services for trading and electronic execution," says Torben Munch, CEO of Orc Group. "I anticipate the acquisition to significantly strengthen Orc's offering in the trading domain, and help us continue servicing the most sophisticated participants in global capital markets. The Tbricks team constitutes some of the most skilled, passionate and experienced technologists in the trading domain today, and the addition of them to our team will greatly enhance our competitiveness going forward."
Tbricks' CEO Jonas Hansbo previously worked at Orc Group, having the joined the firm in 1994 as a quantitative analyst, later becoming CTO and was head of quantitative trading before leaving to found the firm.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit