Steven Lieblich has been named chief technology officer of Citadel's hedge fund business.
Lieblich joined Morgan Stanley in 1986 and has worked there ever since in a series of senior technology roles. Most recently he served as the firm's chief information officer. He will join Citadel in the fall and will report to Kenneth Griffin, Citadel's founder and CEO.
"Citadel has been at the forefront of applying technology to create a powerful competitive advantage for its investment teams," said Steven Lieblich, in a statement. "I'm proud to lead Citadel's team of skilled and passionate technology professionals, and I'm grateful for the trust Citadel is placing in me."
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers