European news agency AFX News, US-based MarketWatch.com and China’s Xinhua Financial Network (XFN) have partnered to create the World Business News Alliance, a venture aimed at providing more affordable global financial news to institutional investors.
The World Business News (WBN) feed, slated to launch on June 1, will provide 10,000 news items a day from 5,000 journalists. Its backers hope that it will rival dominant trading floor players Reuters News and Dow Jones Newswires.
WBN will supple
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II