Derivatives exchange operator CME Group last week acquired Pivot Inc.—a provider of instant messaging technologies for trade negotiation, price discovery and liquidity aggregation—for an undisclosed sum, to provide a more tightly integrated messaging and price handling service as part of its CME Direct hybrid platform for trading listed and over-the-counter derivatives, but will continue to support standalone sales of the vendor’s software in listed equity markets, officials say.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit