Neonet's SOR will allow Banca Generali extended market access to MTFs while retaining its primary exchange membership.
Banca Generali has appointed Neonet as its provider of best execution services for Italian equities.
The partnership brings Banca Generali a smart order routing (SOR) solution for trading on both the Italian MTA exchange and European Multilateral Trading Facilities (MTFs), in step with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid).
"We identified a requirement to offer clients a comprehensive brokerage service that includes access to all sources of liquidity for Italian equities," says Carlo Talpo, head of trading at Banca Generali.
"Neonet enables us to outsource SOR development and operations, while protecting our present technology investments and allowing us to maintain our membership and market share on the domestic exchange."
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership