The debate, with Allston Trading's Raj Mahajan and Nobilis Capital's Chris Bartlett defending HFT practices, and Josh Levy of Tactical Asset Management arguing the reverse, stemmed primarily from two issues.
The first was around agreeing on a precise definition of "frontrunning," and whether under that definition, the practice should be seen as predatory or even illegal. "To me, any order that's being made simply to take advantage of another order that you know is taking place—that's frontrunnin
Anthony and James delve into how the systematic internalizer regime is shaping up, and then examine the regtech sector.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2017: All the Winners & Why They Won
- The Investment Blockchain of Record
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 83: Systematic Internalizers & RegTech
- Mifid Gears Grind into Motion as Systematic Internalizers Emerge
- Power to the People: Will MiFID II Data Disaggregation Deliver on Cost Control Promises?