In 2012, Rakesh Kumar, head of fund operations and performance measurement at RLAM, was faced with a dilemma: He'd received notice from his third-party supplier that a critical part of his technology infrastructure was being taken out of commission, and he was left with a short period of time to replace it.
"The drivers were out of our control to a large extent," he recalls. "We had a relationship with a third-party provider, and they were actually pulling their software out of the market. That
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming