BOSTON–Investment Technology Group's (ITG) $230 million purchase of Macgregor will yield a new platform integrating order management and execution capabilities designed to woo institutional and hedge fund clients, although analysts are not convinced of the merits of an OMS vendor 'getting into bed' with a broker.
Gavin Little-Gill, senior analyst at financial consultancy TowerGroup, sees the July 13 ITG acquisition as both interesting and potentially dangerous. "We saw an infusion of cash (
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground