It’s no surprise that the buy side is overwhelmed by the quantity of research, but many investment managers say the quality of research is also a major concern.
"There’s too much superficial research and not enough in-depth research," says Darcy MacLaren, director of equity research for Seattle-based Safeco Life & Investment Funds. MacLaren classifies superficial research as "a one-page description of the earnings release where I can’t tell what business the company is in." An in-depth piece
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground