The issue the SEC ought to be focusing on is that of unsupervised access to exchanges - that is access to trading venues where orders and executions are not scrutinised by the sponsoring broker through the use of real-time monitoring technology to ensure limits aren't breached. A decade ago this scenario wouldn't have posed much of a risk - actually, this scenario wouldn't have existed 10 years ago, as direct market access made feasible by order and execution management systems and underpinned b
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers