You can keep your blockchain, cybersecurity and innovation labs; for my money, the most interesting sector in the fintech world is everything surrounding fixed income.
Judging by clicks and what people want to talk about at conferences, though, it would seem that many of you do not agree. Or, it's probably more that fixed income is just a slice of the capital markets pie, while those three other aforementioned areas touch everyone, from the board on down to the programmers, across all sectors.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership