American Express Co.'s IDS Financial Services unit is considering development of a proprietary system to handle accounting for several divisions at its Minneapolis headquarters. The firm is also considering outsourcing as an alternative, looking to banks for possible custodial accounting services.
Currently, portfolio accounting at IDS is being handled by a highly modified version of Information Systems of America Inc.'s Oscars, which has been in use at the firm since 1980. IDS has confirmed
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground