Recent speculation that Canada's leading quote vendor may be for sale (MTR, May 1987) has been borne out by subsequent offers. International Thomson Organization, Ltd. has offered to acquire Toronto-based CMQ Communications, Inc. from majority owner David Campbell for about C$100 million. Automatic Data Processing, Inc. is also thought to be in the bidding for CMQ.
None of the parties will comment. CMQ and its affiliates, International Quotation Data Corp., Market Systems Technology, Inc., an
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers