Smith, a serial financial services entrepreneur, began his latest venture with Mathmoney f(x), a service which was initially launched to provide blockchain-based settlement for crypto-versus-fiat currency spot trading.
In 2013, though, it became obvious that the real opportunity was in solving age-old problems in traditional markets, at which point Counterparty — a Bitcoin 2.0 walleting project — was then brought into the fold, and Symbiont was born.
Two short years later, the firm announced new
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming