UK fundamental data provider Hemscott is bracing itself to be taken over or take itself private.
With last week's financial results, the vendor confirmed a February announcement, saying that it is still in discussions that may lead to a bid being made for the company. If the talks fail to produce a deal, Hemscott's management plans to buy out shareholders and take the company private.
However, an industry source has told Inside Market Data that a deal is close to being struck.
At press time,
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse