Standard & Poor's (S&P) is taking over the calculation and maintenance of Citigroup's Smith Barney global benchmark index business, formerly known as SSB Global Equity Index System, it was announced last week. The deal will allow S&P to expand its custom index service.
The addition of Smith Barney's database gives S&P access to a larger pool of resources, says Paul Aaronson, executive managing director at the vendor. "The real attraction to us is the access to Smith Barney's database of over
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership