During the course of 2007, complex event processing (CEP) software emerged from the stage of people saying, "Gee, let's take a look at this technology," to a stage where people began to say, "Gee, this stuff really works." In the process, CEP has become a valuable engine driving a number of strategic applications.
While much of the early attention around CEP centered on applications for algorithmic trading, complex event processing has since expanded well beyond this domain and is now used in
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling