Getting someone to give you money is no mean feat at the best of times. But achieving that in an industry sector that already gobbles up one of banks' biggest costs after staff salaries, and where managers forced to tighten their belts in recent years are now enjoying their trimmer waistlines, can prove a feat of gargantuan proportions.
Just look at the efforts to which data professionals have had to go to get management buy-in for reference data projects. Despite an obvious business case, on
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming