In his final year at engineering school, Francis Gross chose to focus on materials that each defined the start of a new era - bronze and iron. Now, as head of external statistics at the European Central Bank (ECB), Gross has found himself working in a field he thinks could define another new era - data.
Gross has become one of the most well-known people in the reference data industry, after he was the first to present the concept of a centralized industry reference data utility in November 2008.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech