It started, as most great debates do, with a simple question.
"What is a data scientist?"
The question was posed by moderator Neeraj Hegde, a quantitative trading architect at Paris-based Societe Generale, during a panel looking at algorithms and analytics at the North American Trading Architecture Summit in New York.
Gary Bhattacharjee, executive director at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, said a data scientist should technically have experience in four different categories: math, engineering
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership