Thomson Financial Services Inc. is exploring the possibility of porting its PORTIA in-house portfolio management system to a UNIX platform. The move appears to have been prompted by the threat of defection from the system by at least two major users.
"We want to offer our clients as much flexibility as possible," says Melodye Pompa, manager of client services for PORTIA. "So we've been talking to them about offering PORTIA on multiple platforms. We intend to migrate to a UNIX system and to
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground