Market-maker Volant Trading has rolled out extensions to its execution services for options traders, allowing them new capabilities through the REDIPlus execution management system (EMS).
The execution services division, now known as Volex Execution Services, has developed an ultra-low-latency product named Volex Take Out, which sweeps for liquidity and returns results in a sub-millisecond timeframe. It is available through REDIPlus EMS, which became an independent technology firm last year after more than a decade as an in-house offering at Goldman Sachs, having originally been developed at Spear, Leeds and Kellogg.
"The options market microstructure is evolving quickly, with 12 exchanges introducing different order types and complicated fee tables," says Vishal K. Gupta, head of Volex Execution Services. "Only firms that specialize in options trading can offer the continuous improvements needed to optimize order routing for a variety of trading strategies."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act