This event is the showcase for many start-up ventures trying their best to get noticed in the midst of a cutthroat world where—if the recent frenzy of consolidation among the top players is anything to go by—size really matters.
Of course, it's the large vendors who usually complain that the show is just an expensive exercise in reminding people that they are still in business, and that some old couple who wandered in from the hotel by mistake just made off with all their giveaways. However,
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming