Belgium-based KBC Asset Management is implementing Axioma’s risk management engine and portfolio optimizer for its equities operations.
KBC, which is based in Brussels and holds €100 billion ($105.6 billion) in assets under management, will adopt the Axioma risk management and portfolio optimization solution across its equity portfolios throughout Belgium, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and the Czech Republic.
The implementation will be carried out in parallel to KBC’s existing project to adopt SimCorp’s Dimension platform.
“Simplicity and flexibility supported by a robust risk solution are key to managing risk across our funds,” said Joris De Moor, head of quantitative equity fund management at KBC, in a statement. “We selected Axioma after a comprehensive vendor review, as it offered the most suitable answer for our challenges and objectives. This will allow us to improve our investment processes, risk analysis and operational efficiency across all our quantitative equity strategies.”
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech