NEW YORK--The one-year-old US-born buy-side trading platform Liquidnet is readying itself for a third-quarter launch in Europe. While Liquidnet proposes to cut out the middleman, reduce transaction costs and give the buy side a way to move large blocks of stocks anonymously, its challenge is to convince European asset managers to open their OMSs for anonymous automated trading, says CEO and founder Seth Merrin.
So far, Liquidnet has signed up 42 UK buy-side institutions and assembled a nine
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground