Advent Software Inc. hopes to begin beta-testing its new Unix-based portfolio management system--code named Geneva--by year's end. The project, which began in late 1991, involved development of a multicurrency accounting and reporting system that will run on a client/server platform.
In its initial release, Geneva will run on Unix-based servers from Sun Microsystems Inc. and will interface with relational database management technology from Sybase Inc. The vendor eventually plans to release
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain