JonesTrading Institutional Services, an equity block trading and execution firm based in the US, announced the appointment of Gavin Spencer to CEO of its affiliate in the UK, JonesTrading International.
The firm will offer UK, continental and cross-border US-European equity trading for institutional and hedge fund firms and is based in London.
Spencer will report to Alan Hill, JonesTrading Institutional Services CEO. He has previously served as head of trading for Societe Generale, Sanford C. Bernstein and Exane BNP.
"We will now be taking our relationship based block trading model to European institutions at a critical time ─ when execution, at advantageous and known commissions, will be required by clients," said Hill in a statement. "By building liquidity and our client base in the UK and Europe, and combining that with our robust US operations, we will enhance trading strategies and the opportunity for best execution for all our clients."
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit