This year’s Buy-Side Technology European Summit, scheduled to be held at Waldorf Hilton in London on May 17 is taking shape. Paula Walter, chief technology officer at Newton Investments in London, will deliver this year’s key note address, while Ed Fishwick, co-chief risk officer at BlackRock, will also speak at the day-long event.
The event, which will feature two keynote addresses, five panel discussions and a number of additional presentations, will focus on liquidity sourcing; credit, market and counterparty risk management; cloud computing; upcoming US and European regulations; outsourcing; cyber-security; machine-learning technology; and the hottest topic of 2016: blockchain and distributed-ledger technology.
The event culminates with the traditional cocktail reception.
Click on this link to view a brief interview with Ed Fishwick about his expectations about this year's event.
This year's speaker line-up includes
- Chrystelle Charles-Barral, head of risk EMEA, Neuberger Berman
- Enrico Massignani, head of risk, Generali Investments
- Edward Boag, chief data officer, Pioneer Investments
- Tom Cunningham, IT director, Jupiter Asset Management
- Paula Walter, chief technology officer, Newton Investments
- Manish Nagar, head of risk, investment management Europe, Vanguard
- Ovo Gharoro, head of data management operations, M&G Investments
- Simone Facchinato, head of multi asset, Anima Investments
- Amanda Wright, head of legal, Standard Life
- Ed Fishwick, co-chief risk officer, BlackRock
- Ian Barringer, head of IT, BMO Global Asset Management
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit