- Andrew Eisen, Global Head of Enterprise Data Management and thinkFolio, IHS Markit
- Fabian Gomez, COO, Westwood
- Moderator: Victor Anderson, Editor-in-Chief, WatersTechnology
As buy-side firms look to scale, the importance of robust data management is often underestimated. When attempting to raise capital, tactical workarounds can draw unwelcome attention from investors wanting reassurance about the accuracy of the data used to run the firm. Meanwhile, organizations that undergo mergers or acquisitions, or implement new systems, often face challenging data issues, such as the fragmentation of data and the consolidation of engrained silos.
Key topics discussed:
- How data can be used by buy-side firms to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Key data management capabilities buy-side firms need to support business growth
- How data management can be used to gain a competitive advantage
- Practical steps firms can take to transition from tactical to strategic data management practices
- The most significant data management challenges raised by an acquisition or merger, and how firms can best prepare for them
- Data management considerations raised by major system changes, such the implementation of a new front-office platform
- How to assess and compare the total cost of ownership of different data management options.