With more than 550 delegates registered, the World Financial Information Conference (WFIC) in Barcelona is shaping up to be the biggest in the event’s history.
Tom Davin, Financial Information and Services Association (FISD) managing director, says the conference sold out a couple weeks before its Sept. 23–27 run time. Rather than choosing a theme during planning, for WFIC 2017, Davin says a group of senior global market managers have been challenged to come up with three themes which they will reveal during the first Sept. 25 panel, immediately following the opening keynote address by Lynn Martin, president and chief operating officer of ICE Data Services.
“The Monday morning panel sets these themes, and we’re going to see that resonate throughout the two and a half days of the program,” Davin says. Then, during a panel on the conference’s final day, some senior vendor and exchange delegates will revisit the themes and respond. “I’m hoping this is going to be a constructive, forward-looking engagement,” he says, adding that their goal is something more “fresh and interesting than a standalone panel.”
According to Davin, another highlight of WFIC 2017 are the Sept. 26 panels’ topics: alternative data, with a focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) data. “The focus on alternative data sets Tuesday morning will be interesting and something we haven’t done to this degree at WFIC before,” Davin says.
This is the 13th WFIC, and the conference is held every other year.
Click here to return to our WFIC hub for all the latest stories from the event’
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- AFTAs 2018 Winner's Video: SS&C Advent Bags Front Office and IT Team Categories
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Gender Equality Professional of the Year—Frieda Lewis, Broadridge Financial Solutions