The financial crisis has highlighted the importance of good risk management. It is now more important than ever for banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds to stay on top of industry developments and ensure they comply with fast-changing regulation on capital, credit and market risk, liquidity and derivatives use.
Our global portfolio of risk management events meet those needs, as the premier meeting place for the risk community. We pride ourselves on delivering practitioner-focused content for the rapidly evolving discipline of financial risk management. The events use a variety of formats and are widely considered to be business critical.
A conference and networking opportunity for senior decision makers in data, regulation and technology in capital markets.
Covering a range of current topics such as applicable uses for AI and alternative and unstructured data to name a few. These sessions will be focused on the implementation of new technology, exploring the opportunities of regtech and how to manage operating costs with so many frequent changes to the industry.
Specific speeches from CIO’s, fintech start up showcases and other varied sessions create a conference that fully represents the industry.More information
Many businesses fail to reach their full potential not because they lack a compelling business offering, but because they don’t have the right technology to support its delivery.
Technology can be the Achilles heel or the secret weapon for such businesses, and can play a pivotal role in supporting asset managers. But many remain unaware of the benefits that integrated, front-to-back office platforms can bring to firms of all sizes.
Join this live and interactive webinar, and gain insight into real-life applications and leave with actionable solutions to topics such as:
- How asset managers can use technology to support and enable business growth into new products and markets
- What data management approaches can be leveraged to drive business growth across new markets, asset classes and geographies
- How digital channel solutions have played a supporting role in helping buy-side firms achieve their growth objectives
- How to make an effective business case for investing in new technology
Addressed by our panel of expert industry speakers, this webinar will help inform your business decisions to drive growth and operational efficiencies.More information
Cloud technologies are empowering new ways to find, access, and analyze data.
It can be an ideal solution to address challenges such as data quality, cost of ownership, or data infrastructure, providing flexibilities to specific business objectives.
In this webinar, our panel of speakers will discuss the current pain points and provide insight on how cloud-based solutions enable streamlined operations and cost-effective access to real time market data.
- Trending challenges in data and cloud: what solutions are you looking for?
- How does real-time market data effectively streamline trading/operations?
- How does cloud democratise access and enable liquidity
- Weighing up the cost of data ownership
- Where can firms go wrong when architecting real-time market data for a cloud environment?
- The blending of data – taking traditional market and reference data and pairing it with non-traditional datasets – is becoming more popular, but results can be inconsistent.
- Where do firms need to improve their data management processes to better find value and insights?
- The core capabilities behind faster and smarter analytics
- Looking forward: new buzzwords, innovations and solutions
Most buy-side firms have grown over the years by way of mergers and acquisitions, which have had a significant bearing on their technology stacks. This has left many firms hamstrung and reliant on outdated legacy platforms and technologies.
The obvious solution for them is to wean themselves off those technologies and implement and single, front-to-back-office platform featuring the flexibility and scalability to support their growth and future needs. But those projects can be complex, costly and time-consuming, even for the smallest asset managers.
Joined by a team of industry experts, we will focus on the business and operational benefits of implementing a single investment management platform. We will then investigate how buy-side firms can make the business case for embarking on such an initiative.
- The business and operational challenges facing buy-side firms that have become reliant on outdated technology
- How buy-side firms can make the business case for developing and deploying a single investment management platform to support their growth and future needs
- The key business, operational and technology issues buy-side firms need consider when embarking on a system consolidation project
- The benefits buy-side firms stand to gain by replacing outdated technology and the specific business processes that will be positively impacted by such a move
- Results of the system consolidation study carried out by WatersTechnology and SimCorp
WatersTechnology is delighted to announce the return of our Market Data training and FISD/FIA exam preparation. In-depth training on all aspects of the revised FISD/FIA examination syllabus and comprehensive understanding of the technical and administrative aspects of the Market Data industry.More information
At WatersAsia 2019, senior data, compliance and technology decision makers will gather together to address the most pressing current issues such as AI, Analytics, Alternative and Unstructured Data, Cognitive compliance, RPA, Cloud computing, People & Culture, and Regulatory & Geo-political issues.More information
Hosted by Waters magazine, WatersTechnology and Buy-Side Technology, the Buy-Side Technology Awards recognize the leading technologies and third-party vendors in their area of expertise. The awards are free to enter and are open to all technology firms, brokers, and buy-side institutions regardless of their size, location or ownership.More information
Hosted by Inside Market Data, Inside Reference Data, Buy-Side Technology, Sell-Side Technology and Waters magazine, the WatersTechnology series of events are the leading financial data management and technology conferences for information and systems professionals working at financial trading firms around the world.More information
Hosted by Waters magazine, WatersTechnology and Sell-Side Technology, the Sell-Side Technology Awards recognize the leading technologies and third-party vendors in their area of expertise. The awards are free to enter and are open to all technology firms, brokers, and sell-side institutions regardless of their size, location or ownership.More information
Tokyo Financial information & Technology Summit (TFITS) is a leading event in Japan which attracts over 350 high level delegates working in trading technology, infrastructure, market data, reference data from key financial institutionsMore information
日本の金融市場は急速に変化しており、コスト削減やスピードアップを求める圧力、新技術の出現、また変化する規制要件などが変化を後押ししています。このため、ITやデータに関する実務の担当者にとって、フロントオフィス、ミドルオフィスおよびバックオフィスにおける自らの業務の最適化に寄与する最新のツールや技術革新について常に把握しておくことが非常に重要です。また、変化する国内外の規制環境に対応し続けることも不可欠な状況になっています。 今年で7回目を迎える東京金融情報＆技術サミットは、自社の戦略を同業他社の戦略に照らして評価することに役立つほか、データやIT分野のソートリーダーが実践している実例の研究を通じて新たな見識を得たり成功例について学んだりするのにも役立ちます。 下記に関する実用的な見識をまとめて得ることができる、一日限りの本カンファレンスに是非ご参加ください。More information