Victor Anderson chats to Bharat Malesha, SmartStream's EVP of Fees and Expense Management, about the variables that firms need to manage when it comes to transaction-cost analysis, and how this aspect of their business is crucial to manage accurately and transparently for best execution purposes.
In this video clip, we discuss what transaction-cost analysis entails – especially those unforeseen, downstream costs once an order is executed – and how capital markets firms can manage these costs in the interest of best execution.
We also address the following questions:
- Why has transaction-cost analysis become such a hot topic in recent years?
- Typically which processes or functions fall under this umbrella term?
- How would you describe the maturity level of institutions in managing their transaction costs?
- Where do most firms struggle when it comes to managing their transactional costs efficiently and transparently?
- What are the key business benefits to efficiently managing transaction costs? Can those benefits be passed on to end-investors?
James and Anthony talk about the looming Sibos event in Toronto and take a look at some recent M&A activity and blockchain developments in the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails