Victor Anderson chats to Bharat Malesha, SmartStream's EVP of Fees and Expense Management, about the variables that firms need to manage when it comes to transaction-cost analysis, and how this aspect of their business is crucial to manage accurately and transparently for best execution purposes.
In this video clip, we discuss what transaction-cost analysis entails – especially those unforeseen, downstream costs once an order is executed – and how capital markets firms can manage these costs in the interest of best execution.
We also address the following questions:
- Why has transaction-cost analysis become such a hot topic in recent years?
- Typically which processes or functions fall under this umbrella term?
- How would you describe the maturity level of institutions in managing their transaction costs?
- Where do most firms struggle when it comes to managing their transactional costs efficiently and transparently?
- What are the key business benefits to efficiently managing transaction costs? Can those benefits be passed on to end-investors?
Jesse Lund talks about real uses for DLT in the capital markets, lessons learned while rolling out IBM's blockchain platform, and what’s ahead for 2018, and into 2019.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails