The fact that market data contributes the biggest portion of the London Stock Exchange's revenues offers positives and negatives for any company interested in acquiring it, observers tell Inside Market Data.
Data revenues contributed 42 percent of the LSE's revenues in 2005, while the next highest grossing division, broker services, brought in 38 percent of the total.
This is in contrast to other exchanges such as Euronext, where information services brings in 9.73 percent, or the New York Sto
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won